Monocon International Refractories Ltd. are fully committed to comply with their legal duties as defined under the health and safety at work act 1974 and all appropriate statutory instruments to provide a safe working environment to provide absence of risk to the health and safety of all our employees and persons who may be affected by our undertakings.
The Health & Safety of our stakeholders is our top business priority and it is an fixed agenda topic on every management and board meeting. We aim;
To provide adequate control of the health and safety risks arising from our work activities.
- To consult with our employees on matters affecting their health and safety.
- To provide and maintain safe plant and equipment.
- To ensure safe handling and use of substances.
- To provide information, instruction and supervision for employees.
- To ensure all employees are competent to do their tasks, and to give them adequate training.
- To prevent accidents and cases of work-related ill health.
- To maintain safe and healthy working conditions, and to review and revise this policy as necessary at regular intervals
We have COSHH data sheets for all hazardous substances, liquids and solids processed in our facilities and we are targeting the implementation of OHSAS 18001 in 2018 in our main manufacturing site. For further information, please see the Health & Safety Policies below.