In 2006 IFGL signed an exclusive manufacture & marketing licence with Alcar International Ltd for a new generation of Tundish Tube Changer Systems with high performance Argon Injection Tundish Nozzles.
Alcar & Monocon have now jointly worked on several successful tube changer projects throughout the world including steel plants in India, Romania, Ukraine and Poland. In may cases, Monocon successfully converted the plants Tundish operations from a competitor patented system thereby reducing the plants operation costs making its products more profitable and/or market price competitive.
The Monocon Tube Changer Mechanism (TCM) can be offered in a standardised swing (TCM-H1) or push-in (TCM-H2) design or as a customised configuration to suit the clients application. In addition Monocon has recently developed an unique electric power option to compliment the existing pneumatic and hydraulic power.
TCM-H1/H2 Design Features
The TCM-H1 and TCM-H2 Monocon Tube Changer Mechanism (TCM) have the following design features;
- Modular Design available as a "Swing" or "Push-In" configuration.
- Single hydraulic cylinder that is distant from heat source.
- Positive clamping system with lock plates and cam levers.
- No need for cylinder in tundish bay during TCM set up.
- No tooling plate require for set up.
- Increased stability of Mononozzle.
- Easy TCM release from tundish post casting.
- No tooling plate/cylinder required for strip down.
- Mechanisms can be designed to use existing or proposed new refractories.
- Optional dual mounting of existing and new system.
- Customised engineering to suit the clients operations.