Monocon Tundish Linings
Monocon’s experience and expertise in the field of tundish linings has resulted in the ability to offer tundish packages to suit any steel making process. These packages can incorporate all or any combination of the following items:
- Monolithic tundish safety lining.
- Basic tundish working linings (wet spray or dry vibratable systems).
- Installation equipment (Manual or fully Robotic).
- Skilled manpower.
- Design and technical support.
- Tundish Furniture and other precast shapes.
Monolite Spray Working Lining
Monolite is a basic sprayed tundish coating for the protection of permanent linings of continuous casting tundishes.
As important as it is to have a tundish spray material of high integrity it is equally important to have available the means of applying it to the permanent tundish lining.
This material is applied by a specially designed spray machine in which water is mixed with dry materials and made into a free flowing homogeneous slurry. This fully wetted slurry is then pumped to a spray nozzle where it is atomised with air and sprayed effectively without rebound loss.
Here are some of the ways our customers benefit from using MONOLITE:
- Faster tundish turn-round times.
- No rebound.
- Increased life of safety lining.
- High level of insulation.
- Good deskulling.
- Contoured lining thickness for even longer sequence casting - Slag zone thickness can be easily increased if required.
- Suitable for both HOT and COLD practice.
- Monocon tundish spray machine.
- Range of compositions to suit every requirement.