The IFGL group of companies is dedicated to clean metal. This dedication is reflected in our business management systems and policies that are in operation throughout our Group of companies. By way of example;
- IFGL Refractories operate a Quality and Environmental Management System which complies with the requirements of BS EN ISO 9001:2008 and ISO 14001:2004.
Monocon International Refractories are committed to protecting and enhancing the environment. Prevention of pollution and enhancement of the environment are fundamental to the Company’s business. Our Environmental Policy is supported by our Environmental Procedures and Systems. We are targeting the implementation of ISO14001 in 2018 in our main manufacturing site.
As stated in our Environmental Policy, we aim to reduce to a minimum unnecessary materials, resources and energy consumption. We also seek to ensure that products and/or services supplied are handled, stored and packing material is recycled or disposed of in a manner which safeguards the environment and the health and safety of all.
Our 2017/18 Environmental Objectives include;
- Invest in energy saving devices for our offices and reduce energy consumption by 5% over last year.
- Invest in water saving devices and use harvested recycled water wherever possible in our operations and reduce water consumption by 5% over last year whilst simultaneously increasing production and operations.
- Ensure Oils and Lubricants are disposed of by approved parties.
- Ensure all scrap metal is correctly segregated and collected by approved parties.
- Install dedicated plastic, paper and aluminium can bins for waste segregation in our offices.
For further information, please do not hesitate to contact us or view our policy statements below.