Monocon design, manufacture, install and commission a range of refractory storage and delivery systems for both wet and dry refractory materials and castable products.
Our refractory delivery system, shown to the right, has been designed using existing known “Monocon Technology” to provide an effective and reliable system for controlled refractory dispensing.
The machine can be supplied as a stand alone unit or supplied as a package solution with some of our other machines such as vertical ladle repair and furnace maintenace machines. In addition, Monocon also design and supply specific and custom made refactory dispensing systems such as Dry Vibe tundish systems and Well Filler systems.
Material Delivery System Design Features
- A range of standardised designs available to suit all steel making operational refractory disciplines.
- Manually activated or automated material dispensing.
- Compact footprint of machine.
- Wet or Dry material handling.
- Optional radio controlled receiver for remote control.
- Consistent material delivery to the application.
- Integral Material Feed System or Mobile vehicle dispensing (product model/type dependent).
- Integral Bulk Hopper - 2 cubic metres capacity (3 Tonnes).
- Bulk Hopper outlet has butterfly valve.
- Storage Chamber available.
- Optional Integral Weigh system with load cells and digital display control panel.
- Integral Water system - 200 litres capacity (wet systems only).
Material Delivery System Operational Benefits
- All pneumatic's are mounted in a control panel on the system frame.
- All electrics are mounted in a control panel on the system frame.
- Increased Productivity through high machine reliability.
- Reduced refractory costs.
- Reduced refractory maintenance downtime.
- Refractory application dispensing exactly where needed - NO WASTE.
- Optional constant monitoring of the system status i.e. maintenance, fault diagnosis (for load cells, valve set positions etc).
- Monocon technical and service back-up.
Material Delivery System Safety Benefits
- The optional radio controller functionality ensures that the operator is positioned remotely from the application / heat source and moving machinery.
- Emergency Shut-off.
Monocon provide a multitude of safety interlock facilities to enable safe use of the equipment. These interlocks are incorporated into both the pneumatic and electrical operations as specified.
Material Delivery System Technical Features
- Optional automated lid movement is pneumatically powered.
- Material Dispensing is electrically powered.
- The machine is a fabricated mild steel construction with access covers where necessary.
The Electrical Control System will typically consist of the following:
- PLC Panel - typical supply; 220/110V single phase.
- Control Console - typical supply; 220/110V single phase.
- Inverter Panel - typical supply; 415V, 3 Phase, 50 Hz.
- Wireless Radio Controlled Joystick.
- PLC based Electrical control panel: Standard is Mitsubishi PLC. (Other options are available).
- Integral Material Feed System: 2.0 cubic metres Bulk Hopper, with 6 Barg Pressure Vessel and material Delivery of 5.0 cubic metres/hour (max).
- Integral Weigh System: Display quantity of dry material, Optional Load Cells on Feed System. Digital Display on Control Panel.
- Integral Water system: 200 Litres capacity, Multi-stage pump with control valve, digital flow meter and temperature control.
Onsite Services Required
- Electrical: - 415V, 3 PH, 63A.
- Pneumatic:-90 PSI (6 bar), 8m3/min Maximum, 50mm Bore Supply.
- Water: - City Water Supply.
- All services are to be provided in close proximity to the material feed system.
Material Delivery System Supply Options
- The Monocon Refractory Delivery System can be configured and/or customised to suit the clients requirements.
- All surfaces can be painted in accordance with the customer specification.
- Dual Material Feed Systems - The machine can be supplied with two feed systems (either Pressure vessel or Rotary Gun) which will allow easy change of the spray material for different areas of the ladle as required.
- Alternate PLC Panel options are available such as an Allen Bradley unit with Ethernet/IP protocol or Siemens PLC with Profinet.
- UPS - mains power spike/failure protection.
- Pneumatically operated Hopper lid to prevent the ingress of foreign bodies.
- Load cells on Hopper system.
- Extended Machine Warranty option subject to having a Monocon Annual machine Maintenance Contract in place.
Please contact our UK technical team for further information.