Monocator NexGen-V Design Features
- Radio controlled joystick application of gunning material to the slagline, sidewalls of the ladle as well as the ladle bottom and specific areas of interest such as the well blocks, Impact Pad areas.
- Lightweight, user friendly joystick.
- Consistent material application.
- Extremely maneuverable.
- Integral Material Feed System.
- Integral Bulk Hopper - 2 cubic metres capacity (3 Tonnes).
- Bulk Hopper outlet has butterfly valve.
- Storage Chamber.
- Material feed Gun.
- Integral Weigh system.
- Integral Water system - 200 litres capacity.
Monocator-NexGen-V Safety Benefits
- The radio controller functionality ensures that the operator is positioned remotely from the application / heat source and moving machinery.
- Emergency Shut-off
Monocon provide a multitude of safety interlock facilities to enable safe use of the equipment. These interlocks are incorporated into the PLC operation. Safety systems are to be determined with customer but will typically include; Monocator Movement, Ladle Geometry, Emergency Stops and Low Pressure. The Monocator-NexGen-V can be arranged to perform agreed movements in response to specific Ladle repair events.
Monocator NexGen-V Technical Features
The “Monocator NexGen-V has the following axes of movement;
- Slew axis (5300mm Slew radius).
- Hoist axis - Raise/Lower to 8000mm.
- Jib Beam Telescope: 2500mm.
- Rotate/Pivot around central strut: 180⁰.
- Nozzle box incorporating Nozzle rotate axis and Nozzle point axis.
All axes listed are electric powered using heavy duty electric geared motors.
The machine is a fabricated mild steel construction with access covers where necessary.
The Electrical Control System will typically consist of the following:
- PLC Panel - typical supply; 220/110V single phase.
- Control Console - typical supply; 220/110V single phase.
- Inverter Panel - typical supply; 415V, 3 Phase, 50 Hz.
- Wireless Radio Controlled Joystick.
- PLC based Electrical control panel: Standard is Mitsubishi PLC. (Other options are available).
- Integral Material Feed System: 2.0 cubic metres Bulk Hopper, with 6 Barg Pressure Vessel and material Delivery of 5.0 cubic metres/hour (max).
- Integral Weigh System: Display quantity of dry material, Optional Load Cells on Feed System. Digital Display on Control Panel.
- Integral Water system: 200 Litres capacity, Multi-stage pump with control valve, digital flow meter and temperature control.
Onsite Services Required
- Electrical: - 415V, 3 PH, 63A.
- Pneumatic:-90 PSI (6 bar), 8m3/min Maximum, 50mm Bore Supply.
- Water: - City Water Supply.
- All services are to be provided in close proximity to the material feed system.
Moncator NexGen-V Supply Options
- The Monocon NexGen-V can be configured and/or customised to suit the clients requirements.
- All surfaces can be painted in accordance with the customer specification.
- Dual Material Feed Systems - The machine can be supplied with two feed systems (either Pressure vessel or Rotary Gun) which will allow easy change of the spray material for different areas of the ladle as required.
- Alternate PLC Panel options are available such as an Allen Bradley unit with Ethernet/IP protocol or Siemens PLC with Profinet.
- UPS - mains power spike/failure protection.
- Pneumatically operated Hopper lid to prevent the ingress of foreign bodies.
- Load cells on Hopper system.
- Extended Machine Warranty option subject to having a Monocon Annual machine Maintenance Contract in place.
Please contact our UK technical team for further information.
Monocator NexGen-V Installations
A few examples of previous Monocon Monocastor NexGen-V installations are shown below.